Yesterday, Microsoft released a new patch for Windows 10. The update was supposed to improve security for Windows and Microsoft Office. Unfortunately, the update has caused some computers to get the dreaded blue screen of death when a user tries to print. Until Microsoft fixes the issue, users will need to uninstall the update manually. Here is how to do that:
1. Click Start and select the Settings icon (the gear).
2. Select Update & Security.
3. Select View Update History.
4. Select Uninstall Updates.
5. In the search, search for KB5000802.
6. Select KB5000802 and click Uninstall on the toolbar.
7. When the uninstall is complete, restart your computer and try printing again. You should be able to print without getting the error.
Umbrella Infotech provides IT services for companies in Litchfield and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Reach out to us to discuss how we can help you with IT issues. Contact us!